“It is the mark of a truly intelligent person to be moved by statistics.” This quote by George Bernard Shaw enforces that statistics don’t have to be boring and mind-numbing. Businesses that utilize print marketing should be intrigued by these noteworthy statistics.
Furthermore, knowing and sharing these print marketing statistics will impress your boss and colleagues!
Print Marketing Statistics that Prove Direct Mail Marketing is here to Stay
- According to PrintintheMix.com more than half of all consumers, 56% to be exact, trust print marketing more than any other advertising method. This may seem surprising with all of the advanced advertising technology and methods possible today but physical mail has been around the longest and it provides something that is real and tangible.
- 7 out of 10 Americans report that they find direct mail advertising more personal than online ads. This personalization is what makes this method the most effective. Anyone can send an email blast and use software to create an online ad but consumers value the fact that the company went to the added expense of printing out and mailing the marketing material.
- More than 3 out of 4 small businesses use both print marketing and online efforts combined. This strategy usually offers the best return on investment and gets the best response rates. Some individuals will prefer one method or the other, and a strategy that combines both will typically be more successful in the long run.
- Approximately 2 out of 5 consumers will check out a new business after receiving print marketing from the company. With repeat mailing, this response jumps exponentially, and this method also greatly increases your brand exposure and builds a personal connection with the consumer. If you send out a few printed items for marketing, you could boost your sales and reputation significantly.
- Only 2% of consumers do not open their mail on the day that it was received, and this statistic shows why direct mail advertising can be so effective. 98% of the population opens their mail that day, getting your message and marketing out there as soon as possible. This fact makes a time sensitive campaign easy to plan and execute.
- Almost half of the people who receive print marketing in the mail will keep these items for future reference if the products or services are something that they consumer may need later on. Every time the individual sees your material they will remember who you are, and this reinforces your brand and can help increase your company exposure and recognition.
- Many people think of the younger generation as the constantly online generation, and they are surprised to find out that the most responsive population to direct mail advertising is young adults who are younger than 25 years old. This medium also works well with older populations, making it a win win for any business.
- More than 90% of younger consumers who shop on a regular basis prefer print marketing when they are researching products and making important decisions on purchasing. Since older consumers also trust printed advertising methods more direct mail can reach everyone and resonate on a deeper level, and this can mean incredible success for companies who handle a campaign right.
- According to a survey performed by the International Communications Research organization print marketing is preferred by an average of 73% of consumers. When this statistic is considered, it would be a mistake not to use this medium in order to market your company and products.
- Businesses in the United States who engage in direct mail advertising will spend an average of $167 per individual, and they will usually get a 1,300% return on this investment and sell over $2,000 in goods as a result of this expense. This type of ROI is very difficult to ignore even for larger companies and massive organizations.
- Print marketing does not have to ignore new technology; more than 35% of companies integrate QR codes, NFC technology, and other innovative techniques in their printed materials. These components can help consumers find your website and products on the Internet, and provide essential information and answers that consumers may be looking for.
- According to the Direct Mail Association, companies who use direct mail advertising get a 13 to 1 return on their investment, and this is very impressive when the ROI on other advertising methods are considered. Since this type of campaign is fairly inexpensive even the smallest businesses can benefit without breaking the bank.
- One big advantage for print marketing sent through the mail is that more than 3 out of 4 consumers open their mail as soon as possible after it is delivered. The goal for a marketing campaign is to get a response, and if your materials are seen and opened quickly you will get faster results and easier tracking during the campaign.
Now that you have these impressive print marketing statistics, be sure to share them with your boss and online by clicking our easy share buttons above and below.